Tuesday, August 10, 2010

OK, now I want to run for president!

Man did you see what President O did on his birthday?

He set up a hoop session with LeBron, D-Wade, Carmelo, and a bunch of other present and past NBA stars.

Wow!

I told Mrs. A that I wanted something like that on my next birthday and she told me I needed to be president to get it. So.....

Angus for President in 2012!!

Platform??

1. Top marginal tax rate of 25%
2. Big increase in Gas tax
3. Federal spending capped at 18% of GDP
4. Semi-open borders
5. Government out of the marriage business
6. Withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan at all deliberate speed
7. Big cuts in Defense budget
8. Repeal of the Patriot Act

People, I can't lose! Me and KD will be hoopin' it up at the White House in the summer of 2013! Plus I can probably get Venus and Serena to come and play doubles too.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, my gas tax (along with my other highway-related taxes) isn't high enough already to cover the external costs imposed by my driving? How did you decide this?

Anonymous said...

Got my vote. But I doubt you could really follow through on 6.

the ill given bird said...

I think it would be cheaper to hire the players than to run a successful presidential campaign. Use that as an argument for Mrs. A to hire them for your next birthday. You'll save a lot of money!

Shawn said...

my facebook "let's get the government out of the marriage business" page membership will *skyrocket* on #5.

David said...

Too divisive. The people who like the gas tax and marriage will hate capping spending or cutting marginal tax rates. And on and on. Though I am inclined to agree with the bird man, you might also consider emulating some past successes:

"I'm Angus, Stupid"

Or run on a word:

Stasis!

Or even just an initial:

The Big A

If you win, I'm a good #3 in an old man game.