Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not Fiction, but a Cartoon Videotape

I believe that this cartoon captures the essence of going to dinner with the Lovely Ms. Mungowitz. It captures the scene so accurately that I think the artist (Mr. Piraro) must have seen us in a restaurant recently.

The link is kind of hinky, so let me just give the dialogue.

Man and woman in restaurant, ordering, waiter is writing down orders.

Man: "I'll have number 7."

Woman: "I'll have a wide assortment of ingredients from your menu, in different combinations than you offer them, but first, this series of probing questions."

But, GOSH, I do love her anyway. Even though in restaurants I generally want to hide.

2 comments:

Carpe Web said...

Reminds me of a restaurant scene from "When Harry Met Sally", but as I know neither you nor the LMM, I'm strictly referring to the ordering of food!

Best regards,
Jim

Mike said...

Several old girlfriends had the same quality. The wife, not so much. I linked back on my blog with a little post regarding how I face the same sort of couple in my business of kitchen design.