Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's official: I'm a pirate!

Mungowitz may have the pirate flagged GBIKE, but I just took the EU profiler quiz (courtesy of Matt Shugart) and was an 83.3% match to the Piratpartiet. Yes, that means what you think it means people, the Pirate Party!

This is fantastic!

Here's their logo:


I am not sure how this happened. I put in the usual bilge about open immigration, legal drugs, separation of church and state, personal privacy (maybe they thought I meant personal piracy?) and small government, and the 'puter spit out the Pirate Party!

If we had a Pirate Party in the US, I just might break down and vote.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tom said...

The test put me nearest to the UKIP. This despite my generally favorable view of the EU for free trade reasons (okay, free trade within a limited area :-/). Wikipedia says that the "UKIP supports grammar schools". Yes! Everyone needs to learn grammar.

The US does have a Pirate party, but we are such bad spellers that it came out L-I-B-E-R-T-A-R-I-A-N

Mungowitz said...

I'm a pirate, too!

But it is an artifact the weight the pirates place on just a few issues.

Not surprisingly, if Angus were actually in Germany, the party he would not be voting for last, is FDP.

All the other parties, Angus would not be voting for, first.

Mungowitz said...

well, the test is freakin' bizarre. It puts Angus, Tom, and Mungowitz as "centrists" on the "socioeconomic" scale.

there

IS

no

socioeconomic scale. We are extreme leftists on socio, and extreme rightists on econo. It averages those and puts us in the middle.

Useless.

Angus said...

Any test that says I'm a pirate is *NOT* useless. It's *awesome*!

Nathanael D Snow said...

To be a pirate, you mostly have to have "no opinion," but for a few key issues.
I'm too much of an American, I had an opinion about everything.
Didn't Toqueville say we were all lawyers?