Monday, March 23, 2009

UPDATE: Obama v. Munger

Well, the EPA called.

They want to declare my bracket a SUPERFUND site. Something about buying up toxic ass. (My bracket)

I take some solace in the fact that I am still beating out the Prez. (His bracket)

To his credit, he nailed 14 of the Sweet 16, which got him back some level of respectability.

And, since Baracket Obama and I have the same final four, with the exception of him picking Memphis and me picking Mizzou in the West, this could be close. I have a narrow lead, because he had such a disastrous first round.

It will come down to these games:

Memphis v. Mizzou:
If Mizzou wins, I am golden. This is the single biggest factor,
since I have los tigres in the Final Four
Duke v. Villanova: If Villanova can pull this out, it will help me a bit. (No, I did not pick 'Nova to beat Duke. I picked Texas to beat Duke. I would pick the Sisters of Mercy Convent School to beat Duke, this year. I don't see them winning much. I was, I should point out, quite wrong.)

Both of us have MichStU over Kansas, that's a push.

3 comments:

Angus said...

you have Oklahoma and he has Syracuse. BHO couldn't give any love to the big 12 and it may cost him dearly!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could imagine a universe where Mizzou can beat Memphis.

Simon Spero said...

Duke v. Villanova: If Villanova can pull this out, it will help me a bit. (No, I did not pick 'Nova to beat Duke. I picked Texas to beat Duke. I would pick the Sisters of Mercy Convent School to beat Duke, this year. I don't see them winning much. I was, I should point out, quite wrong.)

When you made this statement, did you intend it as a prediction? Do you have a posterior bracket?

That went beyond pulling it out; that was the full hokey-pokey...