Friday, February 01, 2008

He remembers every kiss*

Magic Johnson sez the Knicks will make the playoffs:

They're going to make the playoffs and be a tough seven or eight seed," he said. "They're settling into their roles. There's no way I don't see them not getting in as the seven or eight seed, especially in the East."

The article points out that the Knicks are "only" 5 games out of the 8th and final slot right now, but somehow neglects to inform us that they are in 14th place (out of 15) with 6 teams between them and the promised land.

This bit of foolishness brings to my mind the immortal words of Jim Mora Sr.: "Playoffs?? Playoffs?? Are you kidding me?? Playoffs??"



*I have searched and searched but cannot find any video of Zeke and Magic's magic moment before the start of the 1988 NBA finals. Can anyone help me out?


No comments: