Saturday, December 04, 2004

Treebeard

I get emails asking why I am so inconsistent in my political views.

Well...at the risk of sounding like John Kerry, I haven't been inconsistent. It is just that I don't agree much with anybody. (Okay, John Kerry was different. He was trying to AGREE with anyone. Any idiot can do that, and most do).

Here is the problem, as I see it, boiled down to two propositions:
1. There are no self-evident truths.
2. Even #1 is not self-evident. You don't understand it until you think about it a long time.

Since people in politics all seem to deny #1 constantly, I try to critique all of them.

...Or, you could say it like Treebeard did: "I am on nobody's side for nobody is on my side."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually pretty sure that the quote is:

"I am not altogether on anyone's side,
because no one is altogether on my side."